· Advising on a broad range of commercial agreements, artist management agreements, Digital/TV copyright agreements, purchase agreements, licensing agreements, insurance, property matters, company law, Labour law etc. to ensure that management receives the required legal advice when required.
· Draft and implement a comprehensive legal department protocol that sets out the policies and procedures to enable top management, business units and service departments to interact with the legal department in all relevant legal processes.
· Lead and Support on corporate re-structuring, acquisitions divestments, investments and joint ventures
· Drafting non-disclosure agreements
· Advise our teams on understanding legal contexts, issues and risks, complex agreement structures, approval processes, and company policies and procedures
· Conducting legal review in connection with expansion into new services and new global markets
· Investigate legal claims and complaints by or against the company, conduct interviews, prepare reports and/or opinions based on findings to ensure that top management is made aware of all aspects of the legal claims and complaints and the associated risk
·Identify outside legal counsel when needed, negotiate contracts and manage risks associated with external legal representation,
· Manage all identified legal risks in accordance with corporate policy/system guidelines.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
· BSc. degree in Law, or Media Law – Master is preferred
· In-depth experience in commercial, media, & copyright laws in MENA region
· Arabic speaking is preferred
· Experience in structuring, negotiating, and drafting media and commercial transactions, such as licensing agreements, production agreements, technology agreements and services agreements
·Robust, versatile, commercially-minded lawyer.
·Experience in criminal and commercial litigation
·Extensive post qualification experience in private practice at a leading law firm and preferably also in-house media experience, providing corporate and commercial legal advice.
·An experienced and effective negotiator with a track record of brokering key deals in a timely and cost-effective manner.
·Fostering and maintaining strong relationships with key contacts both internal and external to the business. Must be an excellent communicator who can develop and maintain effective internal and external relationships.
·Ability to work proactively, independently and reliably under tight time frames in a fast‐paced environment