System Workflow Engineer will look after Broadcast IT Engineering Department on its daily tasks which involves maintaining network operations, broadcast IT equipment like main core of Avid Newsroom System, Viz RT Real time Graphics, MAM, PAM, Broadcast TV Automation, Archive Workflows, Disaster Recovery, SAN, NAS, VMWare, etc.. Responsible for daily back-ups, developments, firmware updates, system health checkup, deep analysis of broadcast systems, etc.… Knowledge of all Broadcast IT systems, hardware and software used in the environment to manage and support the infrastructure of broadcast systems. Maintain knowledge and stay current on technological advances in media and entertainment technologies, television broadcasting, studio production and workstation products.Cisco iOS knowledge or related experience. Knowledge of SMPTE 2110, IP networks as applied to studio facilities for signal and control systemsKnowledge of file based media formats and handling in relation to playout servers and Broadcast real-time graphics systemsKnowledge of VR and AR studio systemsExperience with broadcast standards especially HD/3G/4k-SDI, PALMulti-channel automation system’s workflows, with ability to quickly execute troubleshooting procedures
Self – Management
· Defines performance goals at the start of the year in discussion with the reporting manager and ensures that the goals are achieved during the course of the year
· Identifies the training and development requirements for self and agrees on them with the reporting manager to ensure that the required trainings are arranged and attended
· Keeps abreast of professional developments, new techniques and current issues through continued education and professional growth
Ensures compliance to all policies, procedures, guidelines and quality standards at asharq.
Performs other responsibilities and tasks as directed by the manager in order to meet department objectives.
Key Performance Indicators:
· Number of faults in the relevant equipment
· Downtime for the relevant equipment
Knowledge and Skills:
Diploma in Electronics & Communications Engineering or relevant field.
Bachelor’s degree in Electronics & Communications Engineering or relevant field.
Nature of Experience :
Minimum of 3 to 5 years of experience in the related field, Connectivity over IP, Avid system and Vizrt workflow , VM, IP monitoring, signal quality.
English and Arabic